Thursday 9 June 2011

TRUSTING THE ACTOR by BRIAN ASTBURY

If you only buy one book on the craft this year then please make it this wonderful e-book by Brian Astbury. 


I bought it 24 hours ago and so many of the things that Brian talks about in the book are resonating with me stilll, it is an exciting and long overdue piece of work by (in my opinion) one of the most knowledgeable drama practitioners on the planet. 


Every page (or e-page!) exudes a love for the craft, respect for actors and a desire to share a working process.  It is totally brilliant and already has informed my thoughts about my own process...I can't wait to put some of his notions into practice.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough...and having had the pleasure of running a session for Brian's acting students on one or two occasions in the past I can safely say that his process is one of the most exciting I have ever had the good fortune to witness, I say this as somebody who has run a number of sessions with a number of groups over the years.  Brian's students were open, ready, willing and there to honour the process.  His book doesn't come a moment too soon.  We can all stand to learn a little something from this astonishngly talented man. 

And priced at the BARGAIN amount of £3.44 there is no excuse to avoid reading it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trusting-the-Actor-ebook/dp/B004Z8S7ZS
BUY it and devour it. 
You won't regret it.

No comments: